What to do to cut down on false alarms in Logan
False alarms may become an actual concern for a home security system. Not only do they decrease the trust you have in your equipment, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you can do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Logan sensors and alarms.
As the first step, ensure that everything is set up correctly. This might sound like common sense, but it’s common that basic mistakes trigger false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on potential culprits of false alarms, like entry points that could be left ajar mistakenly. And finally, feel free to incorporate the many tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Logan.
Is it really that simple? Continue on and see for yourself.
Numerous false alarms in Logan can be avoided
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to review the manual. Make sure all your components are connected appropriately from your perspective by:
- Performing a system analysis via your smart hub.
- Physically check each component to be certain it didn't slip or need a battery change.
- Look over your preset schedules to make sure that your alarms aren’t activating at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all new smart implements are installed properly and aren't disrupting your system.
Call your Vivint representative if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Logan security system. They'll be pleased to send out a trained expert to examine your setup.
Investigate your doors and windows
If your configuration checks out alright, the next step is to do a sweep of the house. Are all your windows and doors closed tightly, or might there be a few mistakenly open? If an entry point remains unlatched, it could activate a motion sensor. If it just so happens that your family constantly fails to secure an entrance, you might want to incorporate a smart locking system that automatically locks when your home security is activated. Regrettably, windows require additional hands-on attention, especially if you have a family member who likes to fall asleep with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it easy to turn off that sensor while protecting the remainder of the residence.
Automation is an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Logan
One of the smartest techniques to reduce the chance of false alarms is to include automation into your alarm system. By using your Vivint app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avert false alarms caused by absentmindedly unlatching an entry point. Then have it automatically set again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disarm when your smart locking mechanism is activated with the right PIN.
- Set geotracking to arm your system if you exit the property, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Receive mobile notifications when your implements notice abnormal activity or need a fresh battery.
- Connect your system to a smart home speaker, so you may disarm and arm your system without the mobile app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Logan by switching to a Vivint smart home system
Increased control over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint smart home, call (562) 376-5457 or submit the following form.