Top safety tips for new homeowners in Logan
If you recently acquired your first home or you’re getting ready to, congratulations! It’s an exciting time for your family. You might be thinking about the many ways you might customize your property with paint, furnishings, and decor. But, before you get too caught up in home improvements, be sure you give thought to home security too. Keeping those you care about safeguarded should always be a primary emphasis, and we’ll show you the way with the following safety tips for new homeowners in Logan.
Perform a safety check of your new Logan property
Now that safety is front and center, discover what your new home has in place. To start, make sure you have operational smoke detectors. Test each one and replace batteries if necessary. Are CO detectors on site? Did you find a water sensor in the cellar? This is also a smart time to upgrade door locks and check all window locks. Go through each room and get to know your new home.
Smart security tips for your Logan home
Once you’ve completed your initial inspection of safety alarms and locks, you can consider elevating your property’s safety. Begin with these security tips for your home in Logan.
- Invest in a modern home security system. One of the best things a new homeowner in Logan can do is install a home security system. Today’s wireless technology allows you to keep tabs on your property even when you’re away. You are able to view live video footage, control door locks, and even communicate with people on your front steps directly from your smartphone. You may custom-tailor your system with amazing security measures such as video surveillance and monitored safety alarms.
- Update outside lighting. Exterior lights with motion sensors are a great way to discourage prospective burglars. You might even integrate them with outdoor cameras. The tripping of a motion detector can signal your surveillance to start recording.
- Keep your yard maintained. Can you easily see all of your property through your windows? Are there large trees and bushes obstructing your view? Eliminate likely spots to hide by keeping your yard well groomed. Your neighbors will be appreciative of it as well.
- Make friends with others in your area. One more thing about your neighbors, get familiar with them. If you know people around you, they’ll be more likely to let you know if they discern suspicious activity. You can also get involved in your neighborhood’s social media page if one is established.
- Utilize home automation. If you go with an innovative smart home, you can make it seem like you’re inside by activating smart lighting at programmed moments. This is a nice option when you’re at work or on vacation.